|I send my deepest most heartfelt sympathies to all those who have lost
so much in the Great East Japan Earthquake. At Yamato Calvary Chapel, we
are so encouraged by and grateful to those of you who have expressed a
desire to help in these most needful of hours. We are working to provide
relief in 3 specific ways;
1) Material Relief: We are working with a network of churches and ministries
here and abroad to bring basic relief such as water, food, shelter and
clothing to the areas devastated by the earthquake and tsunamis.
2) Spiritual Relief: We are engaged to get trained Christian counselors
into the devastated areas to provide spiritual counsel and encouragement.
We are also sending teams of volunteers to assist in the greater clean-up
effort in the communities where our network churches are located.
3) Financial Relief: We are providing financial support to the many churches
that have suffered in the devastation themselves. Despite their losses,
many of these churches have risen to act as relief distribution points.
The severest of tragedies are all around us, but we see opportunities.
If Philippians 1:29 has any meaning for us at all today; and if we as Christians
are willing to live out the exhortation in Romans 12:15, there is certainly
much hope to be found even in the midst of the overwhelming devastation.
1) An opportunity to rebuild the devastated churches as a cohesive part
of the suffering East Japan community.
2) An opportunity to plant new churches to bear the pain and suffering
as well as the joy of rebuilding the East Japan community.
3) An opportunity to show the generous love of Christ through a series
of charity concerts and fund raisers that encourage long-term financial
There are 2 ways in which you can make a contribution to support our relief